£45K - £65K + Car allowance
BASIS consultants with a background in Linux administration and server builds are required to join the team of consultants delivering and supporting SAP HANA infrastructure. Ideally you will have some experience working with HANA systems.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for a BASIS consultant with evolving HANA skills to work alongside the best SAP HANA systems engineers in the UK, providing technical expertise for enterprise scale customers and partners.
To qualify for this position you will need to be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom and be able to drive and provide you own car (Car allowance provided as part of package).
- SPOC for SAP Basis services on HANA.
- Install / Upgrade and Troubleshoot HANA implementations
- Deliver SAP BW and ECC Basis services ( security, transports, patching, upgrades, monitoring SAP and HANA, performance tuning, sap note application, sap service connections, webdispatcher, print management, general sap troubleshooting ), SAP Abap and Java stack.
- Create documentation including Statements of Work, Capacity reports, change requests, landscape diagrams and handover documentation..
- Engage with customers to provide troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of technical issues via email, phone and remote connection.
- Establish and develop good working relationships with external customers and other professionals.
- Mentoring and assisting colleagues with technical guidance and/or expertise
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the industry.
Skills & Experience
- SAP BASIS/Netweaver
- AnyDB to HANA migration
- SAP ECC/ BW installation on HANA
- Demonstrable experience with Linux OS, and its derivatives such as SUSE Linux
- Enterprise Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu , etc.
- Experience working with VMWare operating in major enterprise projects.
- Excellent oral and written communicator.
- Resourceful and creative in Problem Solving.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple client cases whilst working to agreed SLAs.
- Interested in the world of IT. Keeps abreast of any new developments.
- SAP BASIS or HANA Certifications
- SAP HANA understanding or experience.
- Experience working as a Systems administrator in a support team.
- Knowledge of clustering and High Availability configurations.
- Experience implementing large scale UNIX/Linux based infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Change Management processes and IT governance frameworks e.g. ITIL.
- Knowledge of how projects are implemented in large enterprises.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious forward thinking Technical Consultant with a systems administration background, to thrive in a hands-on position in a fast paced small private company with a reputation for technical innovation, and client focussed solutions delivery to the largest UK Organisations.
To apply for this position email a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com