We are seeking to expand our Expert technical operational support team which provides expert 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to our clients across all our services. We are looking for an SAP BASIS Support Analyst (Administrator). The role will include triaging tickets, managing Service Requests, Incidents, Problem Records and Changes, across multiple customers.
We provide support to our clients over core business hours (08:00 – 22:00) This is managed by a shift rota. Outside of these hours, we have an OOH call service. This is also managed to utilise a rotation, across the team. Knowledge and experience of SAP Authorisations and associated administration is also a requirement.
There is plenty of opportunities to progress within Centiq, depending on the path you would like to take. We would see the successful candidate working within the support environment for at least a year and then upskilling to move into the professional services team, providing consultancy to our clients.
The role is one within a team of 8 people, providing a mixture of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line expert support to our clients. Some of your key responsibilities will be to provide support and training to other team members and help co-ordinate all SAP technical activities with 3rd parties. As the SAP Basis Analyst you will be responsible for providing SAP technical support to the user community, whilst being involved in the delivery of upcoming projects and enhancements. Ensure incidents are managed through to resolution. Work to resolve problems and propose new technical solutions to the SAP Architect. You need a keen eye for detail and a focus on quality and content of tickets. You will report directly to the Service Operations Team Lead.
The role will require working in a shift rotation, between the hours of 08:00 and 22:00 Monday to Friday. On occasion, you may be asked to work out of hours or over a weekend, but this will be scheduled in advance and you will be paid for this work at the applicable rate. You will be gradually transitioned into the out of hours on-call rotation. We actively support diversity and career progression in Centiq and this role naturally progresses to a lead BASIS Consultant typically after 2-3 years experience through the training, development and mentoring you will receive.
- Ability to work in a busy, pressured environment
- A strong service-oriented (“Can-do”) culture, with a strong focus on customer approach. Committed to exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, management and customers across all mediums
- Dynamic but aware of the views and feelings of others
- Able to integrate with the team and be a good team player
- Drive and Motivation
- Can demonstrate clear purpose, enthusiasm and commitment
- Suggests new ideas within the team
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise in a demanding environment
- Manage multiple priorities
- Good ownership skills
- Good written communication skills
Essential – Core Skills & Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Keen interest in technology
- Proficient user of IT Systems
- Experience of a technical support desk environment
- Proven capability in supporting Netweaver systems across a range of components such as ECC, BW/BI, PO, CRM, SRM and TM.
- Ability to manage change and support the transport processes across different SAP technologies
- Familiarity with SAP tooling & methodologies
- SAP Patching (ABAP and Java)
- SAP Kernel patching
- Implementation of OSS notes
- Setting up of trusted RFC’s
- Maintenance of profile parameters
- SAP User Authorisations and Administration.
Desired – Skills and experience
- Configuration of Single Sign-on
- Experience of HANA databases
- SAP BASIS certification
- Azure Exposure
- Web Dispatcher Exposure.