HANA Universal Agent 1.6.14
- Make Centiq Backup configurable to allow the skipping of a HANA database backup on a per instance basis.
hana_node_ssdto support data collection from the Lenovo SSD Wear Gauge Tool.
hana_db_heartbeatidentifies and reports HANA instances that have not been configured to post to Optiq Monitoring.
Optiq Monitoring Agent 1.6.6
- Add support for Optiq Monitoring on AIX 7.2.
- Fix command line warning displayed during agent installation on SLES 11. The fix ensures that runlevel 4 remains disabled.
- Fix retrieval of resident set size metric in the Process monitor (Linux). The metric is now retrieved from /proc/
- Fix problem starting agent on upgrade. The problem occurred when the universal agents had been registered using agent version 1.4 or lower.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.13
- New universal agent
hana_db_fpcollects the data footprint relating to the distribution of tables and BW objects across a clustered environment.
hana_clstr_gpfscollects XFS Quota information.
- Fix configuration issue to allow tenants that share the same database name to post from a multiple tenancy environment.
- Ensure consistency in the treatment of host names when posting from Universal Agents. This scenario occurs on machines that run Red Hat where the FQDN is sometimes supplied.
- Add ALERT_ID to the information collected by
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.12
- Revamped universal agent
hana_db_data_io_v2collects HANA table and column displacement metrics (i.e. data that has been moved into and out of memory).
- Filter unwanted header information for agent
hana_clstr_nodeson Red Hat Linux over SSH.
- Add support for multiple NFS types to agent
Optiq Monitoring Agent 1.6.5
- Ensure AIX file system agent continues to post when no inode information is available. This occurs for NFS version 2.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.11
- Add details to the long-running statement alerts output by agent
- Prevent Centiq Backup deleting ad hoc backups.
hana_db_heap_memoryposts data specified by host and port.
hana_db_data_ioremoved from package. An improved version will be released at a later date.
Monitiq Agent 1.6.4
This agent supersedes Monitiq Agent 1.6.3 which contained a bug in the Linux AppMon agent and has been withdrawn.
- Improve feedback when connection test fails by giving error message and status.
- Fix problem with Windows network agent when Link Speed is not available on Windows 2003.
- Allow Linux AppMon agent to be keyed by process name or by process name and user.
- Fix core dump creation on POWER8 due to the default configuration of IBM Java 8 supplied within the Monitiq Agent.
- Ensure that proxy port falls within the valid number range (1024 and 65535).
- Fix problem writing proxyUserAndPasswordEncrypted field into Jobs.ini when proxy user and proxy password are not entered during configuration.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.10
New universal agent
hana_db_data_io collects HANA table and column displacement metrics (The data that has been moved into and out of memory).
Monitiq Agent 1.6.2
This agent supersedes Monitiq Agent 1.6.1 which contained a bug in the Linux AppMon agent and has therefore been withdrawn.
- Added lsb-release as dependency for SUSE.
- Fixed Linux AppMon agent to post with epoch time in seconds as opposed to milliseconds.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.9
- Added timeout option to rsync command in Centiq Backup. The value of the timeout is set in configuration file
- Correct problem parsing output from
dfcommand when running
hana_nfs_clienton SLES 12.
- Prevent error in agent
hana_db_alertswhen there are null values for Alert Details.
/sapmnt/sharedto the list of locations used when searching for installation directories.
Monitiq Agent 1.6.1
Added proxy user, proxy password and UseSSL configuration options to Windows installer.
Added --postone command to post O/S metrics individually.
Added --broadside command to post all O/S metrics.
This release was withdrawn on 24.10.2016. Please update to Monitiq Agent 1.6.2.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.8
- New universal agent
hana_db_heap_memorydisplays the largest consumers of HEAP memory by category.
- Add logging of rsync errors when running the Centiq backup.
- Add /hanaext to the list of locations used when searching for installation directories to support HANA on IBM in a DR scenario.
- Prevent error when running
hana_clstr_nodeson a quorum node.
Monitiq Agent 1.6.0
New metric 'Link Speed' added to Windows and AIX Network agents.
Add logging for command line activities.
Additional scheduling options on the command line via option --sched
- schedule list displays new fields 'agent type', 'agent name', 'path', 'interval' and 'next predicted date/time'.
- change agent posting interval to a second resolution.
- enable or disable an individual agent.
'Linux information' agent gets model and serial number from file system when command dmidecode is not available.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.7
- Ensure that
hana_db_backup_statussends the backup's final status.
- Allow the use of system calls to rotate files in Centiq backup. This is a configurable option.
- Centiq backup ignores spurious rsync warning messages.
- Fix registration errors for universal agents running in a cluster.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.6
Post the total number of HANA alerts in
hana_db_info. This can suggest the need for housekeeping to prevent problems which occur when the number of entries gets very large.
Fix problem with
hana_db_backup_status agent determining the HANA version on HANA SPS 6.
Fix problem associating interface IP addresses with host names in the install module for the Centiq Backup process.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.5
Improve error reporting and handling when running the Centiq backup.
Add timezone to output from the backup.
Installer skips configuration for HANA instances with STANDBY roles.
Add serial number to keys reported by
hana_node_hostinfo to support QPI scaling.
Add ability to use an alias rather than the System ID as an identifier for a HANA post.
Fix backup scheduling and rotation.
Fix problem backing up tenants with database names containing an underscore.
hana_node_global_allocation posts against the container rather than the HANA System ID for replicated multi-container systems.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.4
Universal agent hanadbbackup_status runs on HANA versions of SPS 8 and above.
Add file locking to prevent potential corruption of the messages data file used by the status agent.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.3
Refactor configuration information into static and mutable elements.
Add /sapmntext directory to search path for HANA configuration.
Remove caching to ensure HANA Cluster Node agent always posts up to date information.
hana_node_ua_list to the universal agents using standard agent scheduling.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.2
New Universal Agent
hana_node_ua_list. This agent displays registered agents and their schedules.
Change to Universal Agent scheduling. Scheduling is now controlled by the monitiq agent rather than independently.
Resolve issues with non-unique instance names when running backups.
HANA Universal Agent 1.6.0
Universal Agents support HANA tenants.
Installer registers appropriate scripts for LENOVO systems.
HANA Universal Agents continue to post data when some instances fail to connect in a multi-instance environment.
Prevent GPFS backup taking a backup of the database.
Prevent installer breaking when command dmidecode is not available.
Improve GPFS failure reporting (
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.10
Allow HANA database backup and Log pruning to ignore query timeout.
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.9
Display error on HANA database backup reporting.
Synchronize backup numbers to be consistent across all backup types.
First backup number is configurable.
Force weekly backup on first backup run.
Add hostname to directory containing the O/S backup.
Monitiq Agent 1.5.3
Increase the maximum number of rows allowed in a Universal Agent post to 2048.
Fix problem parsing lsvg command output (volume group information) in AIX Volume Group and AIX Logical Volume agents.
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.8
New universal agent to monitor the state of HANA database backups (
hana_db_backup_status).Requires HANA version SPS 09 or later.
Add file locking to prevent corruption of shared summary data file used by HANA alerts and unloads agents.
Monitiq Agent 1.5.2
Agent checks monitiq security certificate on posting data.
Time retained on host added for history posts. Allows accurate calculation of post creation time.
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.7
Fix Java HANA client database connection issues.
Prevent reconnection attempts which would result in database lockout for the monitiq database user. Connection problems are advised in the heartbeat post.
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.6
Change backup processing to include HANA global configuration files.
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.5
Add certificate validation to universal agent
Instance specific configuration fixes
hana_db_heartbeat posting a false fail in a cluster scenario.
Fix specification of time window for selection of unloads in
Monitiq Agent 1.5.1
New metric posted by Linux Network – Link Speed.
Agents store history in memory to allow them to continue operation when the file system is full.
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.4
Timestamp and add version number to backup log entries.
Prevent multiple backups running at the same time.
Do not run backup if the destination NFS/File System is not mounted.
Backup system maintains its own logs.
Monitiq Agent 1.5.0
- AIX/Linux agent runs on Java 8 (64 bit package)
- Windows agent runs on Java 8 (32 bit package)
- Limit the number of cores Agent uses
- From version 1.5.0 the agent will only support 64 bit AIX and Linux. If you need an agent for a 32 bit AIX/Linux please use the latest version 1.4.x.
- From version 1.5.0 the agent will only support AIX6100-07 and later, due to the limitation of Java 8. If you use AIX 6100-06 or earlier, you will need to stay on agent version 1.4.x. We will continue to provide limited critical bug fix releases in the 1.4.x packages, but no new functionality.
- Upgrade method from agent v1.4.x to v1.5.0
Linux and AIX: The standard upgrade method will not work. You will need to remove the old agent with “rpm -e monitiq-agent” then follow the installation instructions.
Windows: Run the agent setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
Yum upgrade instructions
yum remove monitiq-agent monitiq-release wget http://repo.monitiq.com/agents/Linux/EnterpriseLinux/monitiq-release-2.6-2.noarch.rpm yum install --nogpg monitiq-release-2.6-2.noarch.rpm yum clean all yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=monitiq install monitiq-agent service monitiq-agent restart
Monitiq Agent 1.4.17
New metric posted by Linux Memory – GiB Unreclaimable Slab
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.3
Add Info column to universal agent
Make error handling in universal agent
hana_db_xsengine more robust.
HANA Universal Agent 1.5.2
Java client for all HANA universal agent scripts.
New universal agent
hana_db_xsengine monitors connectivity to XS engine.
Add error handling to the Java client that is used by all HANA universal agent scripts.
The Unloads universal agent posts a row when no data is found. This ensures that a traffic light is displayed in monitiq.
The Alerts universal agent posts a row when no data is found. This ensures that a traffic light is displayed in monitiq.
To reduce the number of misleading alerts, the database connectivity test reported by hanadbheartbeat was changed to a simple connection test rather than an sql query that depended on the statistics server operation.
Fix DR node processing bug in the Heartbeat universal agent.
Fix issue maintaining symbolic links to configuration folders.
Backup system ignores DR instances.
Fix unique key issue in summary scripts.
Fix bug in RAID script.
Monitiq Agent 1.4.16
UA: monitiq command shows scheduler policy (-l) and cron expression (–sched -l)
All: self monitor/reviver monitors the number of threads and file descriptors
Missing resource management
HANA Universal Agent 1.4.1
Consolidation of hana status and info scripts into one info script.
Validation of path entered to Solid State Drive Utility.
Log installation errors. Stop further modules from running following an installation error.
Fix issue of not displaying all node data in host conf script when running in a cluster.
Fix issue of STANDBY node data not being sent in the heartbeat post.
Remove duplicate key data from the hana info script.
Monitiq Agent 1.4.15
UA: Cron scheduler
All: Improved logs
Windows: Memory leak (was in third party library)
HANA Universal Agent 1.4.0
Further improvements to how the Universal Agent finds the HANA client location.
Fix problem with agents in clusters accessing shared configuration files.
Fix key error issue with fusion IO agent.
Monitiq Agent 1.4.14
UA: Duplicate key data syntax check
All: Heap dump on out of memory
All: Self monitor/reviver
Windows: Race condition on vbs files
Windows: Agent uses retry
Windows: Timeout on cscript.exe execution
Monitiq Agent 1.4.13
UA registration is faster
Linux Monitiq agent builds start on boot
Posts are kept in local disk for up to 7 days with network outage. Agent resends kept posts once network recovers.
Serial Numbers on AIX systems show 7 digits
UA events’ missing alias and script
Windows agent – better resouce closure
HANA Universal Agent 1.3.7
Universal agent script monitors global allocation limit settings against recommended limits.
Universal Agent installer recognises DR nodes. DR nodes will not post metrics to monitiq.
HANA heartbeat universal agent is now cluster aware. The data posted by the agent includes a summary of the overall cluster status.
Improvements to how the Universal Agent finds the HANA client location.
Summary scripts no longer post for offline instances.
Monitiq Agent 1.4.12
Speed up UA registration and de-registration
Agent retries for 10 days when a scope becomes invalid
LOG_REG_WRAP event will be ignored
Agent update automatically changes target monitiq.com to agent000.monitiq.com
monitiq -t option adds a round-trip connection test
monitiq -v option shows Java version and bitness
HANA Universal Agent 1.3.6
New RAID card universal agent, consolidates 2 existing agents and adds new metrics.
New FIO universal agent, consolidates 2 existing agents and provides monitoring of SSD wear gauge.
Installer now runs remotely.
Fixed HANA node info agent.
Fixed HANA node HP Power agent.
HANA Universal Agent 1.3.5
Improved user workflow when running the installer.
New script for monitoring HANA replication.
Fix issue with identifying HANA instances using SAP Services.
DB credentials preserved from previous install.
HANA Universal Agent 1.3.4
Unloads summary to reduce flooding of unclosed alerts
Events summary to reduce flooding of unclosed alerts
Central configuration file
Row/Column by node supports further cluster scenarios
Database user no longer expires
Monitiq Agent 1.4.11
Agent Install event reports version
Reboot event reports number of days since reboot
Universal Agent reports when no data is available
AIX errpt summary
Agent connection test tool: -t option
Separate Universal Agent log
Log reports monitor concerned
LINUX Network copes with a bondmaster that has no slaves
HANA Universal Agent 1.2.5
IBM hardware scripts now registered by the installer
Renamed directories to ensure new scripts are properly registered
FIO status fixed
HANA Universal Agent 1.2.4
Add backup monitoring script
Add NFS monitoring script
Changed name of
HANA Universal Agent 1.2.3
Updated database configuration
List installer files
Error messages rewritten following user feedback
onitiq Agent 1.4.10
Linux Info Monitor
Uptime since boot + last boot for info monitor
AIX DiskUse Monitor
Average wait metrics for AIX DiskUse
AIX DiskUse Monitor
Bug fix for massive numbers
Windows Services Monitor
Bug fix ProcessId not null
N.B. The 1.4.9 agent was not released to the public
Fix paths for agent repository
HANA Universal Agent 1.2.1
SAP on HP
Added support for HP Hana systems.
Monitiq Agent 1.4.8
Allows agent posts via an authenticating proxy. Set up with monitiq -c
Windows Services BUG fix.
Fixes alerts produced by empty data.
More specific messages in the logs on error.
Make the agent directory read-only to root.
Previously, when updating Jobs.ini you would need to delete Jobs.xml for this file to be regenerated, this is now done automatically by testing the timestamp on the file.